Friday 2 October 2015

What analysis can a dream have?

One morning Zen monk, Bokoju woke up and immediately called his chief disciple, telling him, ”Listen, I have had a dream. Can you analyze it for me?” The disciple said, ”Wait! I will bring a little water. First wash your face.”



He brought a pot full of water and helped the master wash his face and hands. While he was doing that another disciple was passing by. The master said, ”Listen, I had this dream. Will you analyze it for me?”

He said, ”Just wait... it is better I bring a cup of tea for you” – and he brought him a cup of tea. The master had a good belly laugh. He said, ”If you had analyzed my dream I would have beaten you and thrown you out!”

What analysis can a dream have? Now you have seen it, you are awake, now drop the whole circus! The disciples gave the correct answer. It was a test, their examination – the moment of testing had come. One disciple brought water to wash the master’s hands and face. ”The dream is gone, now be finished with it! What more analysis? – the dream was a dream, it is finished. What analysis? The truth can be analyzed, but a dream? Can the false be analyzed? Can what never happened be analyzed? It is enough to know it was a dream; now wash your face. Now you have come back, just come out of it.”

The other youth also did well, bringing a cup to tea: ”You’ve washed your face, but it seems there is still a little sleep left. Enjoy a cup of tea and you will be completely awake.”This is what I am telling you: ”Wash your face, drink your tea! You were never separate – there is no way to be separate.” 

OSHO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now share these Inspiring youth quotes and Inspirational stories with your family , Children and Friends. https://Inspiringy.blogspot.com