Friday 21 October 2016

Wherever you go, you will find your friend If you don't see any enemy #Story

Buddha said to his disciples, ”The people that you go to teach are the ones who will harm you. Out of kindness you go on giving truth and they will throw stones at you. So don’t be angry. They are helpless: what can they do? You have come to destroy the truth they had believed for centuries. You have started shaking their house. They thought this house was their security. You have started knocking down their walls. You have started lifting their veils and showing their ugliness. They will be angry.



One disciple – Purna – used to to on pilgrimage, taking the Buddha’s message.
Buddha asked, ”Where are you going?”

There was a part of Bihar called Sukha. He said, ”None of your sannyasins have gone to Sukha yet, I will go there.”

Buddha said, ”It would be good if you don’t go there. The people of that area are dangerous, this is why no one has gone. If they insult you what will happen to you?”

Purna replied, ”If they insult me then I will consider myself fortunate that they didn’t beat me, they only insulted me.”

Buddha said, ”And if they beat you what will happen to you Purna?”

Purna replied, ”I will consider myself fortunate that they didn’t kill me, they only beat me.”

Buddha said, ”One more question, if they kill you what will happen to you as you are dying?”

Purna replied, ”What else could happen? These are such good people that they have released me from living in this body in which I might have committed some mistake. Now no mistake is possible. They have released me from living in this body where my foot may have gone on wrong paths, anything could happen, I could stray off. They have liberated me from this body. I will die filled with kindness for them. I will die full of gratitude for them.”

Buddha said, ”Then you go. Go anywhere. Wherever you go, you will find your friend, because now you cannot see any enemy.” It is not that by closing eyes there are no enemies. But one who no longer sees enemies is one who can declare the truth. Enemies will arise, enemies will immediately arise. The truth always gives rise to enemies. Do we have enough understanding that we can stomach the truth? Do we have a big enough heart to allow the truth to permeate us? ... to make it a guest inside us? If we can let ourselves be a host to truth, let truth be a guest... but do we have this capacity? This is why it goes on happening, insults continue, opposition continues, but truth goes on making its declaration again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now share these Inspiring youth quotes and Inspirational stories with your family , Children and Friends. https://Inspiringy.blogspot.com